Potential Issues During Testing
Your MAP profile was not assigned the Proctor role. Contact a MAP leader in your school or district.
Your MAP profile was not associated with a class of students for this term. (This association must happen every testing term.) Contact a MAP leader in your school or district.
By default, you only see the testing sessions you created. To see testing sessions others created, change the Created By filter:
To alter your search, try using:
- <No School Assigned> in the School drop-down list
- asterisk (*) as a wildcard in the student names.
If the student is still missing, the best practice is to notify a school or district leader. Or, if allowed by your school policies, you could add the student profile—use Manage Students from the left menu.
* There is also a Create Students button available within Manage Testing Sessions, but it does not include all of the student information, which means students will not appear on reports.
Students type the name and password that appears on your proctor computer:
- Password is auto-generated whenever you start or restart a testing session
- Password will expire overnight
–or– Student kicked out and can't re-join
The student's status must be Awaiting Student in order to appear on the Sign In page. On your proctor computer, select an action depending on the Status:
- Confirmed—Choose Select Action > Do Not Confirm (you will confirm later)
- Testing—Choose Select Action > Suspend
- Once suspended, chose Select Action > Test Again
- Suspended—Choose Select Action > Test Again
Ask the student to sign in again, and then confirm as usual.
On your proctor computer, select the student, click Select Action, and choose Do Not Confirm. Ask the student to sign in again.
This prompt indicates a conflict with the test restrictions set up by your district. The prompt explains the reason—for example, the test frequency may be limited to once per testing term.
The options you have depend on the type of restriction:
- Resume Test — Continues the suspended test.
- Start New Test — Starts the test over from question 1.
- Do Not Confirm — Disallows the student from taking the test again this term. Once you click Submit, the test becomes terminated. You can then either:
- assign a different test for the student
- or, ask someone with the Data Administrator role to override the test restriction.
- Cancel will close this prompt but that's all (you still cannot confirm the student for testing).
On the proctor computer, Test Students page, click Add More Students.
Note: Ideally, a student should take no more than one full MAP test per day.
- Confirm student status is Completed, Terminated, or Suspended.
Select the student, and then select Test Again.
The student status changes from Completed to Awaiting Student.
- Select the student and click Assign Test(s) to assign a new test.
- Optional: Choose Assign Accommodation if it differs for the new test.
Ask the student to sign in again (same session name and password).
Note: Students with tests that have been suspended will revert to Awaiting Student.
- Select the student and click Select Action.
If the status is To Be Confirmed—choose Do Not Confirm.
- If the status is Testing—choose either Suspend or Terminate:
- Use Suspend if the student might need to take the test later this term.
Use Terminate if you know the student will not need the test later this term.
Note: Use caution, because Terminated tests will count toward the frequency restriction, if enabled. As a result, the student would be restricted from taking the test for the rest of the term.
Click Select Action > Test Again.
- When the status changes to Awaiting Student, assign the correct test.
- Have the student sign in again.
See also: Keep Students Engaged
On the student computer, click Reset or use the keyboard command:
F5 (Win) –or– Command+R (Mac)
Check audio level on headset.
Option A—Skip the question:
- On the proctor computer, student selected, choose Select Action > Pause.
- Select the student again and then choose Select Action > Resume.
- After the student clicks Resume, a new question appears.
Option B—Both skip the question and report the problem to NWEA:
Note: This feature is not available on iPads.
On your proctor computer, hover over the Proctor Interrupt PIN to reveal the code:
- On the student computer, type: Ctrl + Shift + P (or Ctrl+Shift+L).
- In the window that appears, type the PIN code.
Type a description of the problem with the test question.
Note: The MAP system captures the test name and question number for you.
- Click Resume Test.
The MAP system sends the report to NWEA to be addressed (a "problem item report"), and the test resumes with the next question.
If a question still does not display after refreshing the student's browser:
- On your proctor computer, with a student selected:
- Choose Select Action > Suspend.
- Select the student again.
Choose Select Action > Test Again.
The test continues where the student left it.
- On the student computer:
- Click Ok at the prompt.
- Join the test again.
No, the tests are associated with the students, not the test sessions. Closing or deleting a testing session does not affect test results. Students can resume incomplete tests in the same or another testing session.
Although it's possible to leave your testing session running until more students arrive, you cannot keep it running overnight. Every night, they are closed automatically, and any students left in a testing status switch to suspended status.
Note: Your Proctor profile is also limited to running only one testing session at a time. If needed, you can add students to a testing session by clicking the Add More Students button.
First consider how long the student has been testing.
Ideally, a student should take no more than one full MAP test per day.
- If you do decide to give another test:
- On your proctor computer, select the student.
Click Select Action and choose Test Again.
The student's status changes from Completed to Awaiting Student.
- Select the student again and click Assign Test.
- If needed, also choose Assign Accommodation in case it differs for the new test.
- Instruct the student to sign in again with the same session name and password.
back to top >>