Data Exports and Sharing
To leverage your test results, you can export the data to a file, or share data with approved vendors.
You can schedule delivery of exportable MAP Growth results data using the Data Export Scheduler, available from the MAP Growth Reports landing page. The results are delivered in CSV format and packaged in a .zip file.
With exported files, you can:
- Combine MAP results with other data
- Analyze data trends using spreadsheet features. Here is an example using Microsoft Excel®: https://community.nwea.org/docs/DOC-1494
- Import into separate instructional tools, like Compass Learning® (Edgenuity), Khan Academy, and others. For a list of providers who accept MAP results, see: www.nwea.org/instructional-connections
There are three types of exports you can choose:
|Comprehensive Data||Combined Data||CompassLearning XML|
|2-5 files||1 file||1 file|
Optional files, depending on your choices:
Format that automatically imports into the Odyssey program.
Includes data from all schools that you select. (Schools must be licensed for both MAP and Odyssey to qualify for this opportunity.)
For descriptions of exported data, open this spreadsheet: Data Export Field Descriptions.
User Profile for CompassLearning XML
You cannot export both the CompassLearning® XML and other exports at the same a time.
For convenience, you could set up a special user profile with the District Assessment Coordinator role to schedule the CompassLearning® XML generation (for example, "CompassUser"). This user does not have to be an actual person, just a way to separate the export output. See Creating a User Profile.
Automated Retrieval of Export
Rather than continually opening MAP and downloading each export, you can use a scripting interface to automatically retrieve the exported data file and place it in a location of your choice. For more information, see Automated Retrieval of Data Export Files.
Required MAP role: District Assessment Coordinator
NWEA qualifies certain vendors to use student MAP results within their products. For example, there are instructional tools that target learning resources based on each student's MAP score. If you use one of these qualified vendors, you can grant access to your data. The access happens automatically through a secure application interface.
From the MAP homepage, open Manage Data Partners. Click your vendor's tool name to open the Data Sharing Agreement. If you do not see your vendor's tool listed, it is not yet qualified by NWEA.
As soon as you click Accept Agreement, that tool has authorization to access your district's MAP data. However, you should contact your vendor to ensure their tool is correctly configured to pull MAP data. If you ever need to stop sharing, then re-open the agreement and click Cancel.
What Data You Agree to Share
When the tool you authorized sends a request for data, here is the type of data it can pull:
- Any student across your district
- Student identification and program participation
- Test details, such as date and duration
- Only MAP Growth test events
- All RIT scores, for both subject and Instructional Areas, from all terms
- Norms achievement percentile
- Lexile™ scores for reading tests