Common Issues and Solutions
- If you do not see any students at all, your district may not have rostered students yet. Please contact your district Data Administrator to check.
A student cannot log in:
- Ensure the student is logging in at https://student.mapnwea.org (or using the MAP Reading Fluency Testing App) using the correct password. Students do not use the same website that teachers use. If you aren’t sure of the student’s password, you can assign a new password. See: Assigning Passwords.
- Try clearing the Chrome browser cache on the student’s computer and then assigning a new password.
My students are failing the microphone check:
My student is locked out of the test:
I assigned Progress Monitoring to a student, but the student logged in and was given an Adaptive Oral Reading test:
- By default, all students are assigned the benchmark Adaptive Oral Reading test at the beginning of every term. See Progress Monitoring for information on how to check and/or change this assignment.
Graphics and/or sound are not working as expected:
Make sure that you are using a supported device and the latest system requirements. See: Device Requirements for Reading Fluency.
- Make sure that you are using a recommended headset type. See: Setting Up Headsets
Can I delete a test? Can I move a test from one student to another if the wrong student took the test?
Completed tests cannot be deleted or moved. Unfinished tests can be discarded—see Starting Over. If there are issues with an audio recording, that recording can be suppressed from reports—see Omitting passages.
I can’t find my students on reports:
My student received no score (NS) for a reading passage:
Either the student read less than 75% of the passage or there were difficulties assessing it. See No Score (NS).back to top >>